Born in a small town in Northern Alberta, Angie grew up with an intense desire to draw, paint and sketch. Her close contact with the wilderness made a lasting impression, and trips to the mountains to ski only made the desire to study nature and paint stronger. As a child, Angie was constantly working towards creating imagery that reflected her vision of how she saw the world. Drawings of children sleighing down toboggan hills, scarves flying through the air, with matching mittens and hats, little red noses. Some of her teachers picked up on this, and gave her opportunities to indulge in her obsession, convincing her to get her work done quickly so that she could “show off” her work to the rest of the class. The addiction began…
Although primarily self taught in watercolor, Angie works with oils, and acrylics. Angie has a keen eye for detail and, as a Registered Massage Therapist, has studied anatomy extensively, and is most prolific with her portraiture and figurative work. Always involved in art workshops, going to visit galleries on her vacations, reading about other artists, and frequently trying new mediums, she is expanding herself artistically on an ongoing basis.
She has been commissioned to paint over 100 portraits, mostly of children, in a loose but skillful, and accurate watercolor collage format, which is completely her own technique.
Angie has won many awards for her artwork, and has completed many challenging commercial pieces in the past, which have brought recognition to this unique and talented artist.
Many of her pieces are collected in Canada, the US, and Europe.
Presently, Angie is presenting her fine art at two locations in Calgary. If interested in a piece on the website, Angie would be more than happy to meet you at the location to present the work to you for viewing. Please call her at 403 714 6989 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to set this up. The locations are:
- 2003 Artist Direct – Calgary Alberta
- 1991-94 Marika Fine Art – Banff Alberta
- 1992 – 98 Webster Gallery – Calgary Alberta
- 1994 Turacos Gallery Calgary Alberta
- 1992 – 97 Federation of Canadian artist group shows – Calgary Alberta
- 1991 White museum – Banff Alberta
- 1993 Devonian Gardens – Calgary Alberta
- University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta
- Alberta College of Art, Calgary, Alberta.
- Grant MacEwan Community College, Edmonton, Alberta
- Various workshops with artists such as Brent Laycock, Ingrid Christensen and Jean Pederson
- Active member of the Foundation of Canadian Artists
- Member of the A.C. Leighton Foundation